What Can Happen If I Have Missing Teeth?
Did you recognize that the average adults between the ages of 20 and 64 have 3 or more decayed or missing teeth? If you're missing one or more teeth, there are lots of reasons to correct the problem. For one factor, a large space between your teeth could have an effect on how you speak or eat. even though it’s not noticeable, a missing molar will have an effect on how you chew. Remaining teeth could shift and in some cases, bone loss will occur around a missing tooth. It can hurt your self-esteem and confidence.
Increased Risk of Tooth Decay and Gum Disease:
People with a missing tooth /teeth are at higher risk of developing decay and gum disease because food can stick in the gap, which has been left by the missing tooth.
Shifting of the Teeth:
In case you do not replace your missing teeth, the remaining teeth can begin to shift so as to fill the gap. The teeth lean as they shift, resulting in additional problems with food consumption and jaw alignment.
People with missing teeth can notice that their bite and their jaw alignment are currently impacted by the gap where their teeth once resided. This ultimately has effects on the method that your jaw closes and opens and tends to urge worse with time. The patient is at increased risk of developing a TMJ disorder if missing teeth aren't replaced.
As soon as the patient loses his tooth/teeth the supporting jawbone starts to deteriorate. This method of deterioration is known as bone resorption. The longer patients delay replacing the missing tooth, the greater potential for bone loss.
The best Choice for replacing missing teeth:
A dental implant is one of the modern breaks through technology that is put into practice in recent times. This form of treatment was not available about a decade back and is considered to be one of the latest, safest and advanced form of dental treatment. Prior to dental implant came into practice, dentists were using dentures and bridges for bridging the gaps, filling and replacing the missing tooth which has now become outdated and old fashion.
Advantages of dental implant:
- A person irrespective of what sex they belong to tend to gain more from undergoing dental implant.
- Dental implant improves the overall aesthetic look of the person and makes them feel more confident.
- An individual undergoing a dental implant will find improved level of speech and high comfort zone.
- Dentures need to be cleaned, removed and fixed from time to time which is annoying whereas dental implant is hassle free as it does not require removing and fixing as this is a one-time treatment.
- Dentures and braces tend to slip out and get loose by wearing them over a period of time whereas dental implants are fixed and permanent, durable and long lasting.
Visit our DQS Dental Care:
If you are facing any missing tooth issues, let our Dental Implants specialist Calgary Alberta. She can recommend what form of dental treatment is right for you. Call us to learn more or to meet our Dental Implants treatments located in Calgary Alberta.