Importance of Good Oral Health
Time and again we have heard our dentists tell to maintain good oral health. A good oral hygiene not only does well for your mouth but for entire overall health as well. General Dentistry Calgary at DQS Dental Care emphasizes good oral hygiene habits that must be followed by all.
Here are few good oral health habits that we and our family can inculcate in our day to day life
- Brushing twice a day. The sequence of brushing is not given much of importance, however it is advices that you brush first thing the morning while you wake up and last thing of the day while you go to sleep.
- With Brushing regularly, it is also important that you floss and rinse your mouth with a good mouth rinse
- Stick to a healthy diet chart
- Use dental product with fluoride in it.
- Keep yourself well hydrated. Stick to drinking plenty of fresh water to keep your breath and mouth clean
How will our Calgary Dentist figure out that your are continuously following these good oral habits and are not cheating with your oral health.
Here are few signs that our General Dentistry Calgary team looks for that can show your oral health is in a good state and you are following proper oral hygiene
- There are no leftover food debris between your teeth
- You have pink gum, which do not bleed or hurt while you floss or brush
- You do not have to chew on gums or mints to mask your bad breath
Why is oral health important in kids, when eventually all their teeth are going fall of to make place for a new set.
Kids Dentistry at our Calgary Dental clinic DQS Dental Care focuses mainly on the importance of good oral hygiene at a younger age. Our Kids Dentist firmly believes that good oral hygiene to start at very early and your kids should have their first dental visit before their first birthday. Good oral health is important in younger kids because a healthy mouth at an earlier stage will lay a strong foundation for your child’s permanent teeth that erupt in the future.
Apart from educating parents about importance of good oral health in kids. Kids Dentistry Calgary also gives importance to good diet followed by your kids and also focuses on correcting the dental concerns faced by our child
Consequences of bad oral health. Well there can many embarrassing and severe ill-effects of neglecting your oral health, but one of the most reported or devastating concern is losing your teeth to decay.
Apart from the obvious embarrassment of having a missing gap between your teeth while you smile or talk, here are some other drawbacks of having missing teeth some of which are:
- Missing teeth can change the way your face looks
- Missing teeth are also linked with constant irritating headaches
- Your are unable to talk fluently with a missing teeth
- Also you miss on enjoying your favorite food(esp. Food diet that are hard to chew)
Dental Implants Calgary provides you with an excellent platform to treat your missing Teeth. Dental implants treatment is a way in which a natural looking artificial tooth is placed where your teeth is missing. During dental implants your Dentist uses an artificial root which is infused into your gums. The artificial root is made up of titanium metal. A custom made artificial tooth with look and feel as perfect as your natural tooth is replaced on top of the root filling on the void space.
To get your oral health analyzed and to learn more about General Dentistry Calgary call us at 403-686-2225 or schedule your appointment to meet Dr. Mahsa Rostami, who serves all people residing in Calgary Alberta and other neighboring communities.