How to Care For Your Dental Implants?
Why Choose Dental Implants Calgary?
Patients suffering from tooth loss in Calgary, AB have various choice of treatment options that can help them fix their missing teeth. Some of the most sought after tooth replacement options are Dental Implants, Bridges and Dentures.
Dental Implants Calgary is considered to be strong, long lasting and esthetically viable solution to most. However most common concerns with people undergoing Dental Implant procedure are the cost of the overall procedure - whether the treatment is worth the cost and how do the increase the longitivity of the Implants.
Firstly let’s see how does missing teeth impact your daily life if left untreated?
There can be several hidden consequences if missing teeth are left untreated. First and foremost consequence is the bone loss the jaw bone requires stimulation from the teeth to maintain its form and density. In case missing teeth the stimulation disappears. In just during the first year of tooth loss there is 25% decrease in your bone width. Another issue is shifting of the adjacent teeth causing in bite problem. These issues are also bundled with other obvious problems such as difficulty in speech, difficulty while chewing your favorite food, social embarrassment etc.
If you are residing in Calgary, AB and are planning to undergo Dental Implants Calgary procedure. You can be rest assured that Dental Implants Calgary treatment options are not very expensive in comparison to negative effects it may have, if left untreated. Treatment price may vary depending on the severity of tooth loss and implant procedure suggested by our dentist.
American Dental Association recognizes two types of implants:
- Endosteal Implants: These implants are directly inserted to your jaw bone
- Superiosteal Implants: Here the dentist use metal frame that are made to fit on the jawbone just below the gum line once the gum heals the frame gets fixed to your jawbone. Post that are attached to the frame protrudes from the jaw.
Different Types of Dental Implants Replacement Procedures are:
- Single Tooth Replacement
- Multiple Tooth Replacement
Once you have undergone Dental Implants in Calgary. Let’s see the factors that determine how long will it last:
- Ideal Candidate for the procedure: For Implants to be a long lasting and a successful one you need to have a good bone density. Therefore the patient undergoing dental Implants must have good bone density
- Poor Placement: Make sure that the dentist performing dental implant surgery should be well experienced and knowledgeable as poorly placed implants have high chances of failure
- Gum concerns and Condition: Oral health problems like decay or cavity cause tooth loss, creating a need for dental implants. Poor oral health may lead to implants failure. Hence it is important to maintain good oral health. Habit such as grinding or clenching of teeth may also lead to dental implants failure
- Lifestyle: Poor lifestyle habits like smoking tobacco or alcohol may also lead to dental implants failure
Implants can last for ages if cared for it properly and is definitely an option deemed perfect fit for Value for money incase of teeth replacement. If you are residing in Calgary AB and want to know more about Dental Implants Calgary procedure cost contact our team at DQS Dental Care